Saturday, April 16, 2011

Journal 2 (School Bullies)

About

Last year, during my school assembly, our counsellor was asked to give us a talk about school bullies. She's a female, age 42 and a Singaporean. She has worked for 10 years in our school as a school counsellor. When I face some difficulties, I would look for her and seek for an advice. This talk is very meaningful and I leant alot about school bullies.

Questions & Answers

Q: what have you learnt from your participation in the talk/activity? state 3 points (personal development, team collaboration, financial, leadership)


  • If I get bullied, the first thing I should do is to ignore them and immediately inform my teacher/parents/counsellor.



  • Majority of the victims will be afraid of letting the adults know what happened because they are worried that the bully might know and thus, keep it to themselves. This way, its very unhealthy.



  • Worst cases, the victims might not even want to be present at school and instead, stay at home. This would affect their studies. Cases like that, the victim should at least tell their closest friend and the friend should seek help from the adults or perhaps, notify the teacher.


  • Q: explain how you would apply the learning points in one area of your life. (family, social, work, sudy, relationships)


  • I would apply the learning points if i'm bullied, which is confide to my friends and tell my family of what have happened.



  • I will stay calm to solve the problem and not keep it to myself and continue being bullied.


  • Q: what difference did the event make in relation to you? (in terms of personal development)


  • Some how it also tells me not to bully people as it is not encouragable at all. I put myself in the shoes of the victim and I know how that feels. Treat people the way you want to be treated.


  • Q: how will you think or act inthe future as a result of this experience?


  • I will treat it as a learning process, I can share it with my siblings and also any younger friends that dont have any knowledge about school bullies. After the talk, I think bullies are people who lack love and are inferior.



  • If I get bullied, I will tell the adults or perhaps report to the police.



  • Becareful with the kind of people we mix with, stay with the right company to prevent myself from turning into a bully.

    Q: name an area of learning that you would like to know more about.

  • I personally think that the talk is meaningful, but I think they can emphasise more on some bullies from gangs, because they talked more about bullies that only bully verbally. Also, it would be a bonus if they mention cyber bullying too.
  • No comments: